This sports education programme, sponsored by Lucozade Sport, offers clubs and sporting organisations an opportunity to access free education for their athletes, players and coaches in the area of sports science.
Delivering workshops on 5 key topics:
- Fluid for Sport
- Fuel for Sport
- The Female Athlete
- Get Fit for Sport
- Planning for Success
Phase 1 workshops are 1 hour in duration and are suitable for both coaches and participants.
Phase 2 workshops are 2 hours in duration and are aimed at Level 2/3 coaches and regional standard athletes
- Lifestyle - Getting the balance right
- Circuit Training - Development of Strength & Conditioning
- Nutrition - Feeding Performance
- Making Weight - Tipping the scales for success
- Hydration - You are what you drink
These workshops will be delivered by highly skilled presenters and are of enormous benefit to coaches and athletes alike.
The next Lucozade Sports Education Programmes from Phase 2 is:
Circuit Training Seminar
North Tipperary Sports Partnership is hosting a Circuit Training Seminar on Monday 29th April, in LIT Tipperary, Thurles from 7.00-9.00pm. This seminar is developed and delivered by the National Coaching & Training Centre & Lucozade Sport and offers clubs and sporting organisations an opportunity to access free education designed for regional standard athletes, players and level 2/3 coaches in the area of sports science.
This seminar will highlight the following topics:
- Types of Circuits
- Design guidelines for various types of circuits
- How you progress from one session to next with circuit training to ensure a training effect
- Instructional guidelines on the delivery of a circuit training session
This is a two hour workshop followed by 15 minutes for questions and answers. If you are involved in a sport, coaching or a selector, this seminar is a must for your club.
This Course is open to everyone free of charge. To book a place, please, contact the NTSP office – Elaine/ Sharon / Tara on 067-43604.
All Lucozade Sport Education Programme factsheets are available for download at: www.coachingireland.com/lucozade_factsheets