North Tipperary Sports Partnership Chi Running Workshop
North Tipperary Sports Partnership is pleased to host a Chi Running Workshop with Irish Olympian Catherina McKiernan, in LIT Tipperary, Thurles on Saturday 29th September 2012.
This workshop teaches participants to run efficiently by reducing the impact on the body and preventing or resolving running related injuries. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to run with an easy, efficient, relaxed style reducing the impact on the body.
1. A recording of each participant running at their own pace is taken at the start of the workshop to analyse their style of running.
2. Participants are introduced to Chi Running through a series of drills and exercises. These include:
- Correct Posture: Posture is the most important part of good running form. People running with incorrect posture suffer from fatigue, discomfort and eventually pain.
- Landing Mid Foot: It is a much safer place to land as there is a lot less impact on the body
- Relaxing the Lower Leg: Prevents all lower leg injuries like shin splints, calf strains etc.
- Demonstration of the correct arm swing.
- The best mechanics for running up and down hills.
3. Following this, participant’s practice the drills with a nice easy practice run. Catherina talks to the group giving people the opportunity to get the feel of running more efficiently and with good mechanics.
4. Video tapes are analysed as a learning tool to understand the whole concept and advice is provided for people detailing the areas they need to practice to improve their running form.
5. There is a question and answer session where a wide variety of running related questions about training, diet, footwear, breathing technique etc.. can be answered.
6. The day finishes with one final short run; with Catherina running along with each person at different stages making sure everyone is going home happy knowing what they need to practice.
To register your place, contact Elaine Cullinan, North Tipperary Sports Partnership (067-43604) www.ntsp.ie,
. If registering with NTSP there will be a subsidised fee of €80 per person. Normal registration fee is €100.