Life Saving First Aid Course
The North Tipperary Sports Partnership will team up with the Civil Defence and offer a Sports First Aid course.The course will take 16 hours approx. to complete and a Certificate of Attendance will be presented on completion of the course.
The course is aimed to enable the learner to:
• Recognise certain life threatening injuries / conditions
• Acquire basic life support skills
• Provide assistance to casualties until more qualified medical aid arrives.
• Introduction to First Aid
• Respiration and Asphyxia
• Cardiovascular System
• Casualty Assessment
• Fractures and soft tissue injuries (Sports Injuries)
• Burns and poisons
Training will commence early 2013. Numbers are limited to a max of 12 participants, so booking early is essential.